There’s such a big variety of poisons, but did you know that a poison doesn’t necessarily have to kill you? Yes, you read correctly! Being poisoned doesn’t instantly mean death, but be assured that it won’t be a pleasant experience either way. We at the Quibbler thought that it would be a great idea to educate you all on different poisons, ranging from the rather harmless Brain Acid all the way to the legendary Black Clover. (We had worse ideas, okay?!)
Let’s start with the basics. A substance that is capable of causing the illness or death of a living organism when introduced or absorbed is called a poison. There are some poisons that are rather unreliable, like snake venom. Since that venom is based on proteins, a human could theoretically drink it without even feeling any effects.* However, if you have an open wound in your mouth or throat area, it may enter your bloodstream and subsequently kill you.
The toxicity of a poison is rated in numbers from 1 to 22. There are only a handful of poisons that have achieved a rating of 22, including Black Clover and the Carnifex poison. Don’t worry too much about it, though. Most poisons have antidotes that reverse the effects.
We hope you can sleep tonight knowing that, if you got poisoned, you don’t have to die! Stay tuned for more information about the most interesting poisons.
*We do not advise you to drink any kind of venom!